Home and School Association
Members of the faculty and each father, mother, grandparent, and/or legal guardian of the students attending Catholic Academy of Waterbury are strongly encouraged to be active members in this organization.
Ongoing: Ways to Support Our School
What is the purpose of the HSA?
- To assist the School Board, the Principal, Academic Dean and the Pastor in the spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional and social development of the students
- To be a liaison between the parents and the school
- To assist in meeting the schools overall operating expenses
What are the objective of the HSA?
- To provide a vehicle for promoting communication and cooperation between school and home
- To foster a better understanding of the goals and spirit of Catholic Education
- To assist parents by providing a positive forum for presenting and discussing all school matters
- To provide a forum for the presentation of speakers on topics of interest
- To work with the Connecticut Federation of Catholic School Parents to influence public opinion and support for federal and state legislation to benefit non-public schools
- To develop fundraising activities to help the financial health of the school
The Home and School Association has continued to sponsor closer communication and joint interest in the schools continued progress. This organization of parents within Catholic Academy of Waterbury supports the school from different perspectives. As stated the goal of the organization is to enrich the experience of students as well as providing opportunities for parents to get involved with their children’s education.
The HSA assists with events throughout the year for parents and students. Some of these events have become long standing traditions. They include fundraisers and community builders.
- CAW Golf Tournament
- the Pig Race (associated with an annual magazine drive)
- Christmas Concert/Holiday events
- And more!!
All parents of students at Catholic Academy of Waterbury are members of the Home and School Association. Meetings are held throughout the year and parents are informed of these meetings through email and/or notices sent home. Events are also publicized in the calendar on the the school website. Again, these meetings and events are an excellent way for parents to get involved, support the school and meet fellow parents.
If you would like to assist in any way please feel free to contact the Main Office at (203) 756-5313.
Home and School Officers
Co-Presidents: Stephanie Dilger, Rebecca Russell