Why Catholic Academy?
What Makes Us Different?
- Students in Pre-K through 8th grade benefit from the study of Religion through hands-on, innovative lessons.
- The teachers and staff at Catholic Academy of Waterbury guide their students through the discovery of the living God, Jesus Christ.
- Weekly Mass is held every Wednesday for the CAW community. The students and staff also gather one Sunday a month for a family Mass. In addition, every day begins with a morning prayer led by students, teachers, and the Principal.
- Catholic Academy of Waterbury is one of only three schools in the Archdiocese of Hartford to implement the STREAM initiative into its curriculum. STREAM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics.
- Students in grades Pre-K through grade 8 will have weekly specials in: Art, Library, Music, Physical Education, and Spanish. Grades 6-8 have Spanish four days a week, while grades 3-5 have Spanish two days a week.
- Students' different learning styles and abilities are met through differentiated learning.
- Catholic Academy of Waterbury offers extracurricular and community service opportunities to its students that include: Student Council, Karate, Cross-Country (boys and girls), Basketball (boys and girls), baseball and softball.
- The extracurricular life of our school is a top priority. We have a dedicated staff who volunteer their time after-school to make sure our students' needs and interests are met.